Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Prepare your meat and vegetables before you begin cooking. Chop the vegetables so that they are of equal size. Finley chop the garlic, basil and finger chillies.
- Add the oil to a large wok or frying pan, heat for 30 seconds before adding the chicken, garlic, basil and chillies, cook on a high heat for 4-5 minutes allowing the flavours to develop. Add the soy sauce, vegetables and salt and pepper. Stir fry for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Stirring continuously.
- Stir through the sauce and noodles, making sure that the sauce coats all of the noodles and vegetables, cooking for a further 2 minutes. If required add 2 tbsps of water to thin the sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately in a deep noodle bowl.
- Garlic, Ginger and Soy– a great stir fry companion
- Chili – provides a superb spicy kick to liven up any dish
- Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme– great with chicken
This is a delicious weekday fix, chicken pasta with my home-made tangy tomato sauce. The chilli gives a slight spicy edge, whilst the balsamic vinegar gives this otherwise normal pasta sauce a rich and complex flavour. I made it using Lumaconi pasta (giant pasta shells), but you can use which ever pasta you like, or whichever pasta you have in the cupboard.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes